A Workaround for those who want to use CREAM'S BSC-variant but cannot use Binance!

Hey y’all. So I had against my better judgment continued to use regular ol’ Binance.com as opposed to Binance.us for years. It was never an issue until New Years Day. When I logged in I was given an ultimatum that said (in so many words):

We noticed that you’re in the US! You’re not supposed to be here, goofy! We’ve disabled your deposit privileges but you have 14 days to withdraw your remaining funds before we close your account. Now SCRAM!

Ok, it wasn’t that in-your-face, but still.

The problem here was that I still had a lot of funds on CREAM but they were all BSC-assets. What am I gonna do now…?! I have all these BSC assets and the only method I know to convert them back into ETH-assets would be to deposit them into Binance and withdrawal but now I can’t deposit! AAAH~!!

WELL FEAR NO MORE.

You folks may already have known about this program but I had not and it just saved my butt. It’s called “SafePal”. I downloaded it for Android and it allows you to convert between ERC20, BEP20, and even BEP2 and TRC20 assets fairly seamlessly! You just need some BNB to convert from BEP20s and some ETH to convert from ERC20s, etc etc.

A few things to keep an eye on:

They tend to have a minimum number of tokens you need to be converting. They don’t do a very good job of explaining that until you’re practically finished and just trying to convert your tokens. That said it generally isn’t that absurdly high.

The other thing to keep an eye on–and it’s not really as big of an issue as you might think on first glance–but for some reason not EVERY version of a token with ERC20/BEP2/BEP20 variants exists within the app. For example: For whatever strange reason you can mess with the ERC20 version of USDC, the BEP2 version of USDC, but NOT the BEP20 version. Huh…?

Weird eccentricities aside it’s a really well-made app and it’s fast as hell. So…yeah! If you ever find yourself in a situation where you can’t use Binance but you want/need to use BSC assets then this is a wonderful lil app to have at your disposal. :innocent:

LD