Ethereum Push Notification Service (EPNS) is a Protocol for blockchain based notifications that are platform agnostic and incentivized!
With CREAM leveraging EPNS for decentralized notifications, we are looking to achieve the following:
- Sending notifications to users with information about important events regarding their active loans.
- Initiating notifications when new rewards and Incentive pools are added.
- Notifying users about swap pool events.
This represents a big step forward for User Experience, and will have an immediate impact in user engagement and user retention.
CREAM will leverage the Ethereum Push Notification Service for decentralized notifications.
In decentralized finance, innovation is the name of the game. It’s not only about what can be invented, but also how to make the best use of the tools available to improve user experience and create a one-stop-shop for a unique market segment.
As of today, many protocols have to rely either on communicating with their users via email or through social networks such as Twitter, Telegram, etc.
Implementing EPNS decentralized notifications establishes a direct channel (C.R.E.A.M. <=> User) that will allow users to receive important notifications directly to their wallet addresses and earn from it!.
Users will receive a notifications and immediately react to them. For instance: if a loan is coming due; users will receive a notification with a Call To Action link that will take them directly to their loan and take action.
EPNS teaser video: Ethereum Push Notification Service (EPNS) - YouTube
We have a list of channels that our team have worked on to show the power and flexibility of EPNS decentralized notifications. They are available at https://app.epns.io/
Some of the channels:
- Wallet tracker: to monitor your wallet and get a notification when you send/receive tokens.
- ENS domain expiration: to receive a notification when your ENS domain is about to expire
- BTC/ETH price tracker, Gas price tracker, others.