C.R.E.A.M. to implement EPNS decentralized notifications

Summary

Ethereum Push Notification Service (EPNS) is a Protocol for blockchain based notifications that are platform agnostic and incentivized!

With CREAM leveraging EPNS for decentralized notifications, we are looking to achieve the following:

• Sending notifications to users with information about important events regarding their active loans.
  • Initiating notifications when new rewards and Incentive pools are added.
  • Notifying users about swap pool events.

This represents a big step forward for User Experience, and will have an immediate impact in user engagement and user retention.

For

CREAM will leverage the Ethereum Push Notification Service for decentralized notifications.

Against

“Do nothing”

Motivation

In decentralized finance, innovation is the name of the game. It’s not only about what can be invented, but also how to make the best use of the tools available to improve user experience and create a one-stop-shop for a unique market segment.

As of today, many protocols have to rely either on communicating with their users via email or through social networks such as Twitter, Telegram, etc.

Implementing EPNS decentralized notifications establishes a direct channel (C.R.E.A.M. <=> User) that will allow users to receive important notifications directly to their wallet addresses and earn from it!.

Users will receive a notifications and immediately react to them. For instance: if a loan is coming due; users will receive a notification with a Call To Action link that will take them directly to their loan and take action.

EPNS teaser video: Ethereum Push Notification Service (EPNS) - YouTube

Background

We have a list of channels that our team have worked on to show the power and flexibility of EPNS decentralized notifications. They are available at https://app.epns.io/

Some of the channels:

• Wallet tracker: to monitor your wallet and get a notification when you send/receive tokens.
  • ENS domain expiration: to receive a notification when your ENS domain is about to expire
  • BTC/ETH price tracker, Gas price tracker, others.
3 Likes

If that is possible i would really really love it. My main and only lending platform is cream and its always a bit scary that i have no chance to see my health factor or borrowing limit when im not in front of a PC. This service would help me bit time with this i guess and i would really like to get a message if borrowing limit is as example > than 60%.

Hope you guys like this too!

2 Likes

One more screenshot from the Mobile App :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi all!
Wanted to bump this up a little bit, and get your attention on why this proposal is so important!.

With the market conditions lately there have been billions $$$ in liquidations across crypto just this month alone, and not a single DeFi borrower or trader received a notification.

Imagine receiving alerts once your loan’s health factor is reaching a predefined threshold. More important, been able to act on it immediately with 1-click.
This is a great User Experience improvement not only to prevent risking your assets when the markets are experiencing high volatility, but also to learn about new opportunities in C.R.E.A.M.

Conflicted: EPNS seems like a great idea. But it seems unwise to tie the CREAM core product too closely to PUSH.

1 Like

Hi @jgarzik,
Thanks for the reply.

The $PUSH token is a Governance token, not a utility token.
Hence, the incentivized notifications part in the EPNS protocol can be seen as an aggregate value for the users of the CREAM core product. It will not tie CREAM with the $PUSH token in any way.

Happy to answer any more doubts or comments! :slight_smile:

Hi everyone! :wave:

Bumping this up again as we have been making great progress on our 2021 roadmap items aiming to provide a seamless user experience and make information flow to you!

Some of the improvements and new features being:

• Improvements to the Mobile App: switched to push-pull mechanism and working on adding Channel Discovery.

• Chrome Browser Extension: users can now sign into a browser extension to receive their notifications in a timely manner while they browse the web.
    BrowserExt-Article2

• Protocol optimization and channel settings: we are currently working on adding more channel settings so users can set notifications tailored to their specific needs. We are also adding the capability to sign right from the notification. For instance when there is a New Proposal, aside from using the Call to Action link to go view the proposals → users will be able to sign/vote from the notification itself.

I invite you to read this blog post where we showcase the integrations that we worked on during Q2 with different protocols. The following are some of the use cases we worked on:

• Helping Governance by alerting users when new proposals are up for voting
  • Alerting users when loans are coming due or reaching a low health factor
  • Observing at events happening in AAve (Polygon) and alerting users about their DeFi operations.

Please let me know in case you have any question.
Thanks!